I would like to ask for your permission to edit a few things as Admin, such as fixing up the Top Navigation some more and maybe tweaking the Theme Designer. I ask since you only gave me Admin rights to fix the Main Page and I don't want to overstep anything.
Additionally, I would like to do something about those date articles, I would like delete them and combine their contents into new articles such as "Births", "Deaths", and "Events". We can attempt to mass merge their page histories or note contributors in the new article. Or would you like those articles to remain untouched? Looks like you wanted to make something like a calender so maybe we change the date templates to look like calendars or something like that?
I would also like to do major edits such as fixing up articles and also templates, if you don't mind. If you don't like the sound of this, or have a problem with my edits later on, tell me. I'm not really fitting in the Bible Wiki so I'm hoping to make it on here. I probably won't be doing much right away, my sister broke our only computer, and it's difficult for me to edit on a small phone, but I'm making notes so I have a sense what I'll be doing.
Thank you! It's break right now so I have time to plan out the coding and things like that. For the Mass Merge, I asked about it here. There is a Help:Merging Pages, but to do a mass merge using Special:MergeHistory would probably need Staff. The user, KockaAdmiralac, thinks that we could make a script, but I wouldn't know how, and he also thinks mass merging all those articles could be confusing, which I agree with. I feel deleting them would be best but it is also a big decision.
And a heads up, I sometimes can and cannot leave edit summaries and I can't leave page comments, maybe this is just how mobile works? SouthWriter got upset and reverted my edit because of this, so this is why I'm asking about everything on the top of my head right now, so I'm hoping there won't be issues because of this. If you want, in the meantime I can spam your wall with what I did and why, but I'm not sure if you'll appreciate that. Or something similar like posting on the forums instead.
I was planning on getting a Mac, I heard they're good. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Hello Kathleen, I'm sorry I haven't edited the Mobile Main Page yet, but I was busy, and also I've been having issues with editing lately, it seems like a bug with the browser I'm using, so it'll take a bit of adjusting switching to a different one.
I presume you're using Windows (known to us Mac users as Winshite). I can recommend Firefox, cross platform Mac, Windows and Linux (which I know nothing about). It can be downloaded from Firefox download also available for iOS and Android.
That's the weird thing. Yes, I am using Windows (it does suck), but it seems like Firefox is the problem (which is usually a great browser). Right now I'm using a very slow Internet Explorer, but at least I can edit.
Haro. I edited the Mobile Main Page, despite this seemingly not showing up in the Recent Changes.
I think something should be done with those pages and categories concerning dates. Do you think you can merge similar pages about history together and get rid of the date categories? There's an awful lot.
If you don't mind, I have a some suggestions for what could be done.
1. The Main Page and Wiki navigation could be fixed up. For example, in the navigation you don't need the tabs "randompage" and "NewPictures" as those are already on the default navigation. You can instead add something like "About the Wiki" and underneath it something like "The Goal of the Wiki", "Policies", etc. And also add something for the main content.
2. And maybe there could be infobox templates for articles about magazines, television, etc (that is, if you don't already have those).
3. It looks like the categories could be fixed up, or at least most of the pages could use more than one category.
4. There are also some articles that don't have anything to them, for example, I found articles about dates (like February 2) that have nothing to contribute. Maybe some articles could be merged or deleted?
5. And I don't know if this is possible, but having consistency across all articles would be nice. This Wiki looks like it's trying to be everything, so it would be helpful for the wiki as a whole to have a clear goal, and a clear purpose for all the articles, whether its documenting a Christian magazine, stating the facts about the Bible, or simply presenting the Christian perspective on world-views.
I would like to do some basic coding on the Main Page, but that's protected. I'm also interesting in cleaning up the categories and categorizing articles, this might mean deleting some (for example, I feel that saying "Christian radio station" for a category is redundant, rather it could simply be "Radio Station"). Those are a few things that come to mind.
You seem to have been going throught the site deleting references to religious groups you disagree with, on the grounds that they "are not Christian." Who made you the sole arbiter of that? This content has been on the Christianity wikia for about a decade. This seems to be a change you have unilaterally made on what gets to count as a Christan and what doesn't for this site. Yet I don't see you posting a clear defintion anywhere. All that's visible seems to be your whims on this subject. --BenMcLean 16:45, August 20, 2015 (UTC)