The 2nd century BC consists of the years 200-101 BC.
- Beginnings of Pharisees, Sadducees and Essenes
- Earliest extant manuscripts of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Earliest extant manuscripts of the Septuagint
- 198 BC–165 BC. Syrians (Seleucid Empire) conquers Judea from Egypt Ptolemic Empire.
- 165 BC to 63 BC. The Maccabees rebel against the Hellenistic Seleucid dynasty of Syria and begin to rule Judea.
- November 21, 165 BC. Judah Maccabee orders the Temple to be cleansed. Jews celebrate this occasion as Hannakuh.
- 134 BC-104 BC. John Hyrcanus, Ethnarch & High Priest of Jerusalem, "Age of Expansion", annexed TransJordan, Samaria, Galilee, Idumea. Forced Idumeans to convert to Judaism, hired non-Jewish mercenaries, etc.
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.