The 11th century BC consists of the years 1100-1001 BC.
- c. 1095 BC. Famine in Judah; Elimelech of Bethlehem and his wife Naomi travel to Moab. Elimelech dies in Moab.
- 1090 BC. Eli judges Israel. Birth of Samuel.
- c. 1085 BC. Naomi's two sons die. Naomi and her daughter-in-law Ruth travel to Bethlehem. Boaz serves as kinsman redeemer, and marries Ruth.
- 1080 BC. Death of Samson.
- 1051 BC. Death of Eli. Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Israel in battle, hold it for six months. Ark returned to Beth Shoreth (1 Sam. 4:3-11)
- 1050 BC. Ark of the Covenant comes to Kirjath Jearim
- 1030 BC. Samuel judges the Israelites at Mitzpah, annoints Saul as the first king of all Israel.
- 1018 BC. Samuel annoints David. David enters the service of Saul after slaying Goliath. David's military exploits eclipse Sauls', and Saul becomes jealous.
- 1011 BC. Death of Samuel. David, unable to make peace with Saul, allies himself with the Philistines.
- 1010 BC. Saul consults a medium at En Dor, who raises the spirit of Samuel. Philistines reject David. David fights the Amelkites. Saul and his three oldest sons (Jonathan, Abinidab, and Malchuishua) die in battle with the Philistines. David becomes king of Judah and is crowned in Hebron; Saul's fourth son, Ishbosheth, rules the northern tribes.
- 1008 BC. Abner switches allegience from Ishbosheth to David, but is killed by Joab.
- 1003 BC. David conquers Jerusalem, moves capital from Hebron.
- Saul (1030 BC-1010 BC)
- Eshbaal/Ishbosheth (1010 BC-1008 BC) (Northern tribes; 2nd Samuel 2-4; 1 Chronicles 8:33; 9:39.)
- David (1010 BC – 971 BC)
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.